Greetings & Salutations all,
We have some big news, after some major discussions & planning over these last several weeks, Wildcraft is almost ready to move forward into the Aquatic era of Minecraft. This is my second time writing this since Enjin finds it funny to remove a very detailed thread while I was trying to post it. The staff team have been going over the pros & cons of our great community to decide what would be the best way of moving forward. We have decided after so many years of wreaking havoc on our current survival world, that a reset is in order to give a fresh start to all.
Why & what is being reset?
WC has been on the same build world since Jan 2016, this has had several ill affects on world structure due to having multiple MC versions, countless individuals joining then leaving half finished builds & updating/switching out plugins which can make the world have major issues over time. A reset of our spawn build world will allow us to rid ourselves of world gen bugs, faulty chunks & allow for more stability & a healthier server. Economy, Jobs, Mcmmo levels, etc are just some items being reset.
Ranks have been reworked slightly, donor & earnables alike. All current ranks will still be in affect once WC updates to 1.13 but earnables are now on a vote based rankup system, not gameplay, mcmmo lvls or mob kills.
What will happen to the existing build worlds?
WC will be starting fresh which means we are resetting the worlds, Overworld, Nether & Ends.
Also, after careful consideration, Kingdoms of WC will be ending. Those of you whom have bought plots in the past 12 months thru the webstore, message me (Nexlemav#3960) on Discord to continue.
Which worlds are not resetting?
Freebuild, Contests, Mini Games.
The Serenity Arcade won't open right away.
Will our items/builds be transferred to the new 1.13 world?
No, items/builds will NOT be moved.
How do I get to the new 1.13 world?
The new world will be the main /spawn point.
The border will be as it is now 85k x 85k.
Can I have a copy of the current build server?
Due to the enormous size of the world file, which is >100 gbs, it would be impossible to file share it.
When will the updated world be available?
I'll be pre-generating a 1.13.x world once ready.
I'm also testing all our plugins to make sure they are stable.
We are hoping to be in 1.13.x before the end of the month
What changes have been made to our plugins?
A change log will be listed below outlining some of the major changes to WC's features.
Disabled until update but not guaranteed to return plugins are:
Custom Enchantments, Fishing Comps & some vote rewards.
What will happen to my bought items from the webstore?
All donor ranks, spawners, Mcmmo ability perks will carry over without being reset.
Ask Staff to replace Spawners
What will happen with existing Towns?
You will be able to start a fresh new Towny town easier then before with lowered costs.
Anyone with a Town will receive a FREE portal located off spawn with some restrictions
Now only costs $2k to start a Town, instead of $10k
The staff team & I do realize that this is a very big step to take that will affect everyone & not everyone will be happy with this move forward. I know a lot of you have spent countless hours on your builds over the months, even years. I've actually put off a server reset such as this for over a year trying to work around existing world issues & wouldn't do this if we didn't believe it was absolutely the best move to take for the long term stability of Wildcraft.
Change log as of October 2nd, 2018
- 1.13 world will be a fresh start
- Players can join WC on multiple MC versions (1.8-1.13.x)
- New server command "/ranks" shows rank info [Earnable Requirements]
- All Economy/Inventories, mcmmo levels & Job stats have been reset
- Earnable Ranks are now on a Voting based system. Current ranks will remain
- Vote Rewards reworked. The higher the rank, the better the rewards!
- Slightly balanced earned rank perks plus future additions to come.
- Premium New NPC Heads Shop @ Spawn [Collect 18k+ heads]
- Max Jobs to join has been decreased to 2 from 3
- Towny Town residents are no longer tax exempt due to lower start cost $2k
- New Towny Player Portals available @ Spawn for Free. Some restricitons apply
- Custom Enchantments has failed to update. Aim for some OP vanilla enchants for now
- Infernal mobs haven't been fully updated. Minor issues with drops.
- Crazy Auctions (/ah) has failed to update. Claim a shop in the marketplace instead
- Player Shops - View our new Marketplace @ spawn.
- NEW player shop system allows players to build a unique shop in a public location.
- Spawnable items are removed from ranks due to rule breakers.
- Nether & End worlds have been reset. Player controlled w/ minimal staff interaction.
- Nether roof no longer accessible. Tp'd to safe nether location if near the roof.
- Void no longer kills players. You'll be tp'd back to Spawn
- LWC is under new developement. Chest/Door Protection is still alive
- Griefprevention claim blocks per hour has increased from 10 to 60
- GP Claims have been restricted to Spawn world & Creative world only.
- Mcmmo has a visual progress bar (Like a temp boss bar)
- Simple Pets & Vampires have been removed due to plugin conflicts. Refunds were given for pets.
- Premium SuperTrailsPro plugin added. A load more features.
- [WC BOT] now controls server restarts (Chat & Title screen notifications)
- & more changes to come!